Colorado State Law requires that employers of more than 50 employees provide reasonable break time to access a private room in close proximity, other than a restroom, to express breast milk. Below are lists and maps of all available Lactation Rooms on the Denver campus, Anschutz Medical Campus, and CU South location. Some rooms are open and accessible, but most of them require activation of your student or staff ID badge to access the rooms. Check out the lists and maps for more information about those locations.
Resources for Lactating Users:
- List of All Lactation Spaces on the Auraria Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus
- This written list includes information on room locations, access, and amenities for the Auraria Campus (which includes CU Denver) Anschutz Medical Campus, and the South Denver location.
- Lactation Room Map, Auraria Campus
- Lactation Room Map, Denver Campus
- Lactation Room Map, Anschutz Medical Campus
- Our policy: Guidelines for Assisting Students with Pregnancy and Parenting
- Title IX & Pregnancy: Guide to the Basics for Students, Faculty, Administrators and/or Postdocs
Utilizing Lactation Spaces
CU Denver Downtown Campus and CU Denver South Campus: There is no official reservation process. Please view maps above to find locations on the downtown/south campuses to find the nearest location.
Anschutz Medical Campus: There is an official reservation system, outlined below.
UCHealth: The Office of Equity does not control these spaces. any questions/needs will be directed to their support line, which is 720.848.6034.
Children’s Hospital: The Office of Equity does not control these spaces. any questions/needs will be directed to their support line, which is 720.777.6458.
Anschutz Medical Campus Lactation Space Process
The new Lactation Space EMS Scheduling System at the Anschutz Medical Campus is officially live as of August 1, 2o18.
YOU MUST FIRST BE A REGISTERED USER WITH THE EMS SCHEDULING SYSTEM IN ORDER TO RESERVE ANY LACTATION SPACE ON THE ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS.
The lactation spaces will be private on your individual EMS account. Only approved users will be able to reserve the lactation spaces.
We will be sending all requests as we receive them to EMS Coordinators to provide specific access to the lactation space reservation portal. Simultaneously, we will be coordinating clearance access with the Security Badging Office. Then approved users will be notified that they are all set to make necessary reservations.
To become a registered EMS user, please Email the Office of Equity at email@example.com OR Call the Office of Equity 303.315.2567.
*AS OF AUGUST 1, 2018, THE PAPER SIGN-IN SHEETS AND TEAM UP APP WILL NOT BE USED TO RESERVE ANY LACTATION SPACES. Please note that reservations on Team-up or on paper sheets will not be transferred and must be reserved again.
Please use this linked “EMS WebApp How To” for step-by-step information on making/cancelling a reservation:
Lactation Space Room Additions at AMC:
It is our goal to provide as many accessible and sustainable lactation spaces for all staff, students, faculty and visitors on campus. We have been working closely with facilities to generate new spaces.
NEW AMC Lactation Spaces:
As of August 17, 2018 new spaces are available at AMC for use!
- Single-User Mamava Pod located in Research 1 North. This pod is not on the EMS Scheduling System. To access the pod code, download the Mamava App on your mobile device.
Please view this user guide for any Mamava scheduling needs: Mamava Pod User Guide
- Communal Room in Building 500. This room is not on the EMS Scheduling System, and is designated for last-minute lactating needs. There will also be a private section of the room to meet everyone’s comfort.
Upcoming AMC Lactation Spaces:
- Single-User Room in the Library Lounge. This room is not on the EMS Scheduling System, and is designated for last-minute lactating needs.
Here is a list of all lactation spaces available on the Anschutz Medical Campus accessible via EMS Scheduling: Anschutz Medical Campus Lactation Spaces
If you have any lactation questions, please view our FAQ’s page here: Lactation Space EMS Scheduling System FAQs
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with these rooms that are outside of what is provided in the FAQs page, EMS User Guide, or Mamava User Guide, please contact the individual/entity that will serve your needs best:
|If rooms are unclean or are lacking the provided supplies (ie, paper towels, hand sanitizer, chairs, table), Maria can help!|
|Office of Equity
(303) 315-0219, (303) 724-0387
|If you feel you are being discriminated against based on a protected characteristic and would like to report it, fill out the online report: equity.ucdenver.edu, and Shanna can help!|
|Office of Equity
|If you have difficulty using the EMS Scheduling System, would like an updated lactation space map, need badge clearance, or have general questions, Karissa can help!|
|If you have issues with your badge effecting your ability to utilize the lactation rooms, contact the badging office, and they can help!
If you need clearance/access to lactation spaces, email Karissa Stolen (see above).
|EMS Scheduling System
|If you need assistance with the EMS Scheduling System Web App, contact the EMS Scheduling System Coordinators, and they can help!|
|Women and Gender Center
|For general advocacy and policy information, contact the WGC, and they can help!
Please note they are currently located on the Downtown Campus.
The Office of Equity will serve as the primary point of contact. Our office will assist with you getting connected to the correct folks that best suit your needs. Please feel free to call our mainline at (303) 315-2567 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the future we are excited to include more campus members to enrich our team.
LACTATION SPACE USER EXPECTATIONS
- Be considerate of the schedule for this room by adhering to your scheduled reservation time.
- You are responsible for releasing any unneeded reservations for the EMS system, as it takes away other individual’s ability to reserve available spaces.
We have more Pregnancy and Parenting related resources and information available here.